1. When did you set up the Aspray Brand?
Aspray was founded in May 2005
2. What was most challenging?
Early challenges included learning about working within a regulated industry and building the brand with very limited funded.
3. What are the main changes you have seen within insurance market in recent years?
The historic roll of a Loss Adjuster has changed from a mediator between insurer and insured to becoming very much the insurers agent. In industry speak “repudiation targets”.
4. What is the vision long term for Aspray?
Continued growth and improvement to our service offerings, I would like to export the brand overseas in the near future.
5. What are the challenges in the market at present?
Massive price competition in the insurance market has resulted it policyholders purchasing inferior products with very basic cover but at least they get a cuddly toy!
6. What do you look for in new franchisees?
Personable, hardworking individuals with similar ethics who are not worried about asking for our help. Someone who likes to make a difference.
7. What advice would you give to a new franchisee who has become self-employed for the first time?
Make good use of your time, if during the working day you are not looking for business or following up on claims then you are not being efficient. If you have a target income, how much work would you expect from an employee who you were paying that amount to and to get that income you have to match that workload and more.
8. How do you like to relax?
I am a countryman, I enjoy being outside in the countryside with my family and dogs.
9. Wine or Beer? Tea or Coffee?
10. Who is or has been a role model to you and why?
My Grandad who built a very successful business and his daughters all adored him even now 50 years after he died.